Friday, November 20, 2015, 3:00-5:00 pm, AAB 2210
Sharon Haar, Abigail Murray/Steven Mankouche, Jana Cephas, Jean Wineman Moderator:
Irene Brisson, Erin Hamilton, Babak Soleimani, Jieqiong Wang
3:10 Introduction, Claire Zimmerman 3:15 Moderator Kush Patel
• Participant introductions
3:30 Topic 1: Questions of expertise and knowledge production:
What is the role of expertise in design work or scholarship focused on distinct publics, on contextual relationships, or on social challenges?
Drawing on your own work, how would you describe the process of new knowledge production with and through this expertise?
Topic 2. Relationships between design, research, and
- What are some of your underlying assumptions for interrelating the domains of design and research? What methods do you use in doing so?
- How would you describe the implications of these assumptions for pedagogy? 4:10 Topic 3. Affiliations and audiences:
- What are fields of study affiliated to your own? How do you see your work in conversation with these adjacent fields?
- Who do you see as the audience of your scholarly work, and how do you continue to engage these constituencies?